Sunday, November 24, 2013

Quick Shots: Red John

This has spoilers for the episode Red John.  Watch this brilliant piece of television before reading this.  Of course my full review will be tomorrow.  Picture I do not own.







-First I have to say that it is ridiculous that Simon Baker does not have an Emmy for portraying Patrick Jane.  The scene where he kills red John, the look on his face- gah.  Never mind he deserves an Oscar.  Let's pretend these last three eps were a movie.

-The acting in this was incredible.   Not only Simon, but Robin, Amanda, Tim, Owain, Rockmund, Michael and of course Xander.  Excellent acting with amazing writing and direction.

-In Catholicism the pigeon is a symbol of a saint that goes against the devil.  Do not know if this was intentional or not but interesting.

-Yes, pigeons are that docile and quiet and can survive in small enclosed spaces.  I honestly have an old cow barn on my property with a good 50 pigeons that ended up calling it home.  Yes, Red John would never bother me.

-Extremely important that Lisbon and Jane so trust each other.  Lisbon and the rest of the former CBI crew exchange their lives for Jane.  Lisbon allows him to go kill Red John.  And Jane in turn takes the time to call her, tell her he's okay and admit that his biggest regret is that he won't be able to see her again.  Huge people.  How much each character has changed from the beginning.

-McAllister was always on my short list so I am not surprised.  Love Jane finally mentioning Angela and Charlotte by name as he killed him.  Loved how the death went.  Jane had reason to shoot.  Okay so he didn't have reason to strangle but still a little bit better than slowly cutting him. 

-Were all the questions solved?  Um,pretty much, actually yes.  See my review tomorrow and be free to ask any questions you want answers here.  I have never seen a show make so much sense out of a long running storyline.

Final thoughts- You guys got me with Red John but I will stay to see how Jane moves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment