Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Living on a Prayer: a Review of The White of His Eyes

I do not own the show only my opinions which are about the worth of a bag of potato chips.  Spoilers ahead, beware!







Plot: There is a hit man on the loose and they are living on a prayer of beating him at his own game.

Usually I write a long, rambling view but my brain is mush tonight. Maybe that isn't true.  Maybe I can only write about angst but not when it involves taking any kind of side between Jane and Lisbon.  Or perhaps I don't know what to say in regards to cute, romantic scenes.  I can write about the Sunset scene and what lies beneath without too much of an issue but purely couple fun isn't happening.  This isn't a problem of the writers- it is a me problem.  I am very grateful for those cute scenes but I guess I can't find a tether to it for me to reflect on.  My old professor once told me write what you know and alas tonight this concept might be coming back to bite me big time.

Instead I will say the episode was intense and quickly moved on.  The hour actually flew by.  The actors did a wonderful job and the writing, editing and direction were top notch.

The ep was all about partnership.  Cho and Abbott out in the field walking the line of legal and illegal.  Wylie and Vega fostering a new friendship (hopeful romance?) based on a common love. Then there was Jane and Lisbon having fun, loving each other and trying to deal with both their past (Jane's family's murder haunting his present day actions, Lisbon being strong and on her own).

Really wonderful episode.  If you are looking for a much better review please check out Spoiler TV, Americ, Grace, Maria, TV Fanatic and places like Tumblr.  Thank you for putting up with me for so long, it has always been appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment